Resources on this website are assigned to as many as five different categories. Resources can be located using these categories by selecting "Browse Resources" at the top of this page. When you select a category, you will go to a page where you can select a specific sub-category in a pre-populated drop-down menu, or type in a specific word or search term. The five major categories, as well as the advanced search which allows for a search across multiple categories at once, are described below. Click on any one of the categories to learn more.
Includes resources cataloged by the community that is its subject or focus. Sub-categories include:
Browse Community Resources
- traditionally identified racial or ethnic groups
- populations associated with a specific culture, nationality, ethnicity, tribe, or religion;
- other at-risk populations including children, seniors, and persons with special medical needs
- resources that are relevant for all communities generally affected in a disaster.
Includes resources cataloged based on specific types of emergencies. Sub-categories include:
Browse Type of Emergency Resources
- Accidental incidents (e.g., dam failure, hazardous material release, nuclear facility accident);
- intentional incidents or terrorism;
- natural disasters which include weather-related incidents, disease outbreaks;
- “all-hazards,” or resources that are not specific to one disaster but applicable to many different types of incidents.
Includes resources that are cataloged based on the kind of content they provide (i.e. Guidance Documents, Toolkits, Data Sets). The sub-categories were created based on the audience for which the resources are intended (i.e. developed for emergency response or health professionals, or for the general public or lay audiences).
Browse Resource Type Resources
Includes resources that are cataloged based on the language in which they are available.
Browse Language Resources
Includes resources that are cataloged based on the state for which they were developed.
Browse US Region Resources
Select this option if you wish to conduct an advanced search for resources using multiple categories (e.g., resources related to hurricanes, for children, in Spanish).
Browse Multiple Categories Resources